About Rob Fodor
My name is Rob Fodor, formerly a coach of the Seattle Storm of the WNBA and currently a Shooting Coach in the NBA. I played college and professional basketball both in the US and abroad.
I have worked with many players over the years: Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Mike James, Mark Blount, Glen Rice and Raja Bell to name a few. On the woman's side, I’ve had the pleasure of working with Sue Bird, Jewell Lloyd, Brianna Stewart, and Ruth Riley and the entire Seattle Storm team during my tenure during the 2015 season. I also maintain a current working relationship with all the players on my current team.
I have coached/taught in Norway, Germany, Spain, Singapore, Slovenia, the ABA, WNBA and the NBA. and I had great experiences doing so. I have also been a teacher for years and know how to reach different kinds of learners and communicate with them. It is important to be able to communicate on all different levels.
- High school head coach for 13 years.
- Turned program around from winning 7 games combined the 2 previous seasons, to winning 37 games in next 2 seasons.
- Averaged 18 wins in 13 seasons culminating in a state final four appearance.
- Helped to develop the schools first ever Division I scholarship players.
- Head Coach of Florida Pit Bulls -ABA 2005-06 ranked #2 in ABA.
- Professional shooting coach/public speaker for 25 years.
- Player development coach for high school, college and professional players.
- Director of Hoop Mountain Shooting Camps for 12 years.
- Hillsdale College -4 year starter
- All-rookie team as freshman
- All-District -3 years
- All -GLIAC conference – 2 years
- 2 time Converse All-American
- Hillsdale College all time assists leader
- Single game record 20 assists
- Single season 285 assists. Career record 751 assists
- National leader in assists
- Top 15 all time scoring with no 3 pt. line 1448 pts
- Single game record holder for ft%
- Held record for single game field goal % and steals.
- Free agent tryout Detroit Pistons
- Pro contracts in France, Germany and South America